IKEA Canada Sustainable Living Challenge Full Rules
IKEA Canada Sustainable Living Challenge
(the “Contest Rules”)
1. The IKEA CANADA Sustainable Living Challenge (the “Contest”) commences at 12:00:00 a.m. ET on April 22, 2018 and concludes at 11:59:59 ET on April 30, 2018 (the “Contest Period”).
2. IKEA Canada Limited Partnership, a limited partnership formed in the Province of Ontario with an address of 1065 Plains Road East, Burlington, Ontario L7T 4K1 (“Sponsor”).
3. The Contest is open to all legal residents of Canada (excluding residents of the Province of Quebec) who are at least eighteen (18) years of age (each an “Entrant”). Employees of Sponsor, its advertising and promotional agencies, and their respective parent and affiliate companies (collectively, the “Promotional Parties”) are not eligible to participate. Sponsor reserves the right to require proof of eligibility, which proof shall be in the form required by Sponsor.
4. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and local laws and regulations. Participation in the Contest constitutes Entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Contest Rules.
HOW TO PARTICIPATE
5. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. To enter the Contest, Entrants must download the free IKEA Sustainable Living Challenge App (the “Contest App”) from the Google Play or Apple iTunes store, create a Contest App username account and participate in the Contest App challenges to earn points.
7. Sponsor may disqualify any entries that Sponsor deems not to be in keeping with the policies, goals and/or guiding principles of the Contest.
PRIZE AND ODDS OF WINNING:
8. There are forty (40) prizes (each a “Prize”) available to be won, consisting of the following:
• 1st place – $2,000 IKEA gift card (1 available) (“First Prize”);
• 2nd – 3rd place – $1000 IKEA gift card (2 available) (“Second Prize”);
• 4th – 8th place – $500 IKEA gift card (5 available) (“Third Prize”);
• 9th – 18th place – $250 IKEA gift card (10 available) (“Fourth Prize”);
• 19th – 28th place – $100 IKEA gift card (10 available) (“Fifth Prize”);
• 29th – 40th place – $50 IKEA gift card (12 available) (“Sixth Prize”).
9. Odds of winning the Prize will depend upon the total number of eligible entries received during the Contest Period.
10. Prize must be accepted as awarded. The Prize may not be sold or transferred and is not convertible to cash. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a Prize in whole or in part in the event that all or any component of the Prize is unavailable. Prize winner is solely responsible for all costs not expressly described herein.
HOW PRIZE IS AWARDED
12. In the event that more than one eligible person ties as a Potential Winner, a three-step tie-breaker procedure (the “Tie-Breaker”) will be used as follows to determine the Potential Winner(s): (1) the Entrant who submitted the most photos or captions will be deemed the winner; (2) if a tie still remains, the Entrant who participated in the most distinct Contest App actions logged will be deemed the winner; and (3) if a tie still remains, the Entrant who participated in the most IKEA-focused Contest App actions will be deemed the winner. Any entrant who ties as a Potential Winner, but does not win the prize for which he or she is tied, will be eligible to win any other, remaining prizes using the same “Tie-Breaker” procedure as defined above to break any additional ties. In no way will Sponsor award more than the number of prizes as defined above under the “Prizes and Odds of Winning” section.
13. Each Potential Winner will be notified via the email registered with the Contest App. If a Potential Winner cannot be reached or does not respond within 14 days of initial notification attempt, they will no longer be designated as a Potential Winner and another Potential Winner will be identified at Sponsor’s discretion.
14. Sponsor will identify a Potential Winner promptly after the end of the Contest Period, and will attempt to verify the Potential Winner’s eligibility, or select an alternative Potential Winner within a reasonable time thereafter. Prize must be accepted as awarded and, except as expressly identified herein, no substitution, assignment or transfer of Prize by a winner is permitted. Prize is not redeemable for cash.
PRIZE CLAIM FORM
15. Potential Winners agree to provide Sponsor with proof of name, age, email address and residential address. Prize Claim Forms will include a skill-testing question, publicity consent, and release/waiver in the form required by Sponsor. The winner’s name, Province of residence and likeness may be used in publicity and/or advertising by Sponsor.
16. Prior to being declared a winner of the Prize, a Potential Winner must first correctly answer the mathematical skill-testing question on the Prize Claim Form provided in the time specified on the Prize Claim Form, without the assistance of another person and without any mechanical, electronic or other similar assistance such as a calculator or computer.
17. Completed and signed Prize Claim Forms must be emailed back to: firstname.lastname@example.org. THE SIGNED PRIZE CLAIM FORM MUST BE RECEIVED AT THE EMAIL ADDRESS INDICATED ABOVE NO LATER THAN TEN (10) BUSINESS DAYS FOLLOWING DELIVERY, OR PRIZE WILL BE FORFEITED. It is recommended that a completed Prize Claim Form be kept for your records. All Prize Claim Forms become the property of the Sponsor, and none will be returned.
18. Prize Claim Forms obtained from unauthorized sources or which are illegible, mutilated, altered, forged, counterfeited or irregular in any way are void.
19. Successful Prize claims will be delivered to the address on the applicable winner’s Prize Claim Form. Please allow 2-4 weeks for delivery.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
20. By entering this Contest, each Entrant agrees to release and hold harmless Sponsor, its advertising and promotional agency, and their affiliates (including their respective successors and assigns), and all of their respective employees, directors, officers, agents and representatives (collectively, the “Released Parties“) from and against any against any and all claims and liability (including costs and expenses related thereto) in any way relating to or arising out of such Entrant’s participation in the Contest or receipt or use or misuse of any Prize. The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) technical failures of any kind, (2) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by Entrants, printing or computing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Contest; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Contest or the processing of entries; or (5) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from Entrant’s participation in the Contest or receipt or use or misuse of any prize. Proof of sent entry or entry receipt (such as a copy of a “thank you” screen or message) does not constitute proof of actual receipt of entry for purposes of this Contest. If for any reason an Entrant’s entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, Entrant’s sole remedy is another entry in the Contest.
21. Sponsor reserves the right to modify, cancel, suspend and/or terminate this Contest at any time and for any reason, without notice. In the event of Contest’s cancellation, any remaining Prizes still to be won will, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, be deemed expired and void and will be ineligible for Contest play, and, without limiting any other provision of these Contest Rules, the Released Parties shall not have any further liability with respect thereto. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be in violation of these Contest Rules. Any attempt to “game the system” or other abusive behavior or action on the Contest App (including the posting of prohibited content or materials) may result in disqualification from the Contest, removal from the Contest App, and a ban against any further participation in the Contest or the Contest App, including without limitation through a deletion of any posted content or materials, and elimination of any accumulated points.
22. By participating in the Contest in any way or in any manner you agree to abide by and be bound by these Contest Rules, the JouleBug App Terms of Service which are incorporated into these Contest Rules by reference, and the decisions of Sponsor which are final and binding in all respects and are not subject to appeal. This Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with JouleBug (the “Content Host”) that might display, host or accept materials (including photographs, text, videos, gifs and any likenesses contained therein (collectively “Content”) referencing or related to the Contest. By uploading, submitting, or posting any Content to the Content App, Entrant grants Sponsor a non-exclusive, royalty-free license (with the right to sublicense) to use, copy, modify, publish, transmit, display, and distribute such content in any and all media or distribution methods (now known or later developed), whether modified or unmodified, in whole or in part and individually or as part of a compilation, with the license extending to all copyright rights, and all publicity rights in every jurisdiction worldwide.
24. No communications will be entered into except with Potential Winners.
25. Except where prohibited, Entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest or any Prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, but in no event attorneys’ fees. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Contest Rules, or the rights and obligations of the Entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the Province of Ontario.
26. All decisions in all matters relating to this Contest shall be made in the sole discretion of Sponsor and all such decisions are final and binding on all entrants.
27. Persons eligible to win the Prizes in this Contest may not transfer such Prizes or substitute such Prizes for cash or otherwise and must accept such Prizes as awarded. Sponsor reserves the right in its absolute discretion to make substitutions of equivalent kind or value in the event of the unavailability of all or part of any Prize for any reason whatsoever.
28. All entries and materials submitted by entrant in connection with the Contest will become the sole property of Sponsor.
29. This Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws and regulations.